Proctored/blended learning online courses give both students and instructors time to dive deeper into the material.
Online courses give you the benefits of our traditional education system (including hands-on instruction from a live instructor, individual attention and a set schedule for attendance and completion). Courses are delivered over a six week time frame that allows for deeper exploration of material and allows for participation in projects that are simply not an option in a 2 or 3 day class. All you need is a computer and tablet (or two computers or two monitors) and a high-speed Internet connection.
This blended learning format is closer in scope and delivery to an online university course. You'll engage with other students and your instructor by
- attending two 1-hour online training sessions per week, delivered via Citrix GoToMeeting/GoToTraining products
- participating in a private Facebook group where you can interact with both your instructor and with classmates throughout the week
- access course study, lecture materials, and assignments via our Moodle learning management system
The Citrix GoToTraining platform is designed to support live, workshop training and go beyond slide sharing to offer engaging virtual training sessions. You can learn more about GoToTraining with the GoToTraining Video Overview.
You'll engage with the material through our custom Moodle learning management system, experiencing lecture material in various forms of video, written, and interactive content. You'll also be given the opportunity to complete course assignments each week, creating material you'll be able to immediately use in your work environment.
Moodle powers tens of thousands of learning environments globally, and is trusted by institutions and organizations large and small, including Shell, London School of Economics, State University of New York, and Microsoft. Moodle’s worldwide numbers of more than 90 million users across both academic and enterprise level usage makes it the world’s most widely used learning platform.
These proctored, blended learning courses go significantly deeper into the material than a standard 2 or 3 day class.
- students in entry-level courses should plan on 1-2 hours outside of live class sessions each week to review material and complete assignments
- students in advanced courses like FrameMaker Template Design should plan on 2-3 hours per week outside of live sessions to properly complete assignments and develop material for their own organizations
For Students Enrolled in a Proctored/Blended Learning Course
Each student should plan on using two screens to attend live training sessions. The primary screen is a desktop or laptop computer, with the software needed for the class. You will use this computer to complete hands-on exercises and labs. The second device can be a second monitor (recommended) or a separate computer or mobile device. You'll use the second device for viewing the instructor's screen and/or presentation material.